Vanessa Van Pelt shows up at the office of Jack Dallas, Private Eye. She is a young buxom, leggy femme fatale who fears that her family members may interfere with her expected bequest of a priceless gem from her uncle, Col. Van Pelt (John Randolph). However, she mistakes Al Bundy (Ed O'Neill) as the private eye. In reality, Al has applied for a job to clean the office.
Vanessa is said to be afraid that her uncle will put the priceless family heirloom in a museum. Before she can obtain the gem, Col. Van Pelt is murdered and the gem disappears. Al is left holding the knife.
At the end of the episode, Vanessa is found to be the murderer and is in posession of the priceless ring by Al. She is taken away by the Chicago Police. As she is being taken away, she speculates that she "could do 20 years" for her crime. Vanessa, who really fell hard for Al, then asks him, "Will you wait for me?", to which he answers "What for? You'll be old!"
- Traci Lords appeared as undercover spy Dixie Love in the 1989 comedy film "Fast Food".
- Traci Lords appeared as Nancy Voss in the 1993 miniseries Tommyknockers.
- Traci Lords also appeared as Talia Massey in a 1997 episode of the series Viper.
- Traci Lords appeared as Racquel in the 1998 action horror film Blade.
- Traci Lords went on to portray the evil Barbara Stone from the 2016 Lifetime film Nightmare Nurse.