Patricia Whitmore is the wife of mayor of Los Angeles, Mike Whitmore (Bryan Cranston). During her youth, Patricia was a rock and roll fan, and became a groupie of Stacee Jaxx (Tom Cruise) when he was at the beginning of his musical career. Stacee and Patricia had a brief romance. Stacee quickly left her and Patricia never forgot about the betrayal.
As an adult, Patricia became a highly conservative woman, and married Mike a member of the conservative party. Patricia became his advisor. She was oblivious to the fact that her husband was cheating on her with his secretary (Celina Beach).
Patricia made the center of her husband's re-election campaign, to get rid of rock clubs, rock stars and the rock style of life in the city. She rallied a group of conservative and religious organizations to demonstrate in front of the rock club "The Bourbon Room", which was the site of an upcoming Stacee Jaxx concert.
Before the concert, Stacee recognizes Patrica and approaches her. He seduces her once again, and then walks away. Lonny (Russell Brand), one of the workers of the club recognizes Patricia from an album cover and exposes her to the public on TV for her part as a groupie. This exposure humiliates Patricia and the demonstration is a bust.
At the end of the film, Stacee Jaxx performs on stage with Drew Boley (Diego Boneta) and Sherrie Christian (Julianne Hough), where Patricia is in the crowd. Patrica has gone back to her rock style as she is wearing black leather and fishnet stockings.
- Catherine Zeta-Jones appeared as Sala in the 1996 movie "The Phantom".
- Catherine Zeta-Jones appeared as the evil Velma Kelly in the 2002 musical Chicago.
- Catherine Zeta-Jones appeared as Victoria Siebert in the 2013 film "Side Effects".
- Catherine Zeta-Jones appeared as Katja Petrokovich in the 2013 sequal film "Red 2".
- Catherine Zeta-Jones appeared as Rose Winters in the 2016 fim "Dad's Army".