Piper Shaw (formerly known as Piper Anderson-James) was the daughter of purported serial killer Brandon James and his crush, Maggie Duvall, who was then known as Daisy Anderson. After Brandon was assumingly killed by police at Wren Lake, Piper was given up for adoption and sent to the Blessed Sisters Children's Home, where she was foster sisters with Kristen Lang during her childhood and adolescence.
Upon discovering who her parents were, she began to think of Maggie as "the monster" who was responsible for Brandon's alleged death. Piper also developed a twisted resentment against her half-sister, Emma Duvall, believing that she had "the perfect life."
At some point, Piper became a podcaster who hosted Autopsy of a Crime, a popular podcast. Prior to the 2015-2016 Lakewood murders, she was invited to Lakewood by Audrey Jensen, who revealed her parentage in a fit of rage and claimed that she was looking to collaborate on a documentary about Brandon James. With her secret lover, Kieran Wilcox (who became Season Two's main antagonist), Piper masterminded the "reboot" killing spree in Lakewood, targeting Emma's friends and mother in order to make her suffer as well as avenging her father's supposed demise.
Events of Season 1Edit
In the season 1 finale, "Revelations," Piper attacked and abducted Maggie, and set up a showdown with Emma at the dock at Wren Lake, where she took their mother. After Emma arrived, Piper removed her mask and revealed her true nature to Emma, who was surprised to find out that Piper was the killer the whole time. After her villainous reveal, Piper revealed her hostility towards both Emma and Maggie, accusing the latter of abandoning her. She revealed her entire plan to Emma (while revealing her knowledge of Emma hiding a knife of her own), before slashing Emma's stomach when she tried to kill her. Maggie broke free and lunged at Piper, who responded by stabbing her own mother in her left side and leaving her to bleed out. Just as Piper was about to disembowel Emma with her bowie knife, she was shot in the chest by Audrey, and subsequently tumbled into the lake. Audrey's shot did not kill her, as Piper rose up from the water and tried to attack Emma once again, only to be shot in the forehead by her half-sister, this time killing the unhinged villainess.
Committed Murders Edit
- Tyler O'Neill - Decapitated
- Nina Patterson - Back slashed, throat slit
- Riley Marra - Stabbed twice in back, femoral artery slashed
- Will Belmont - Sawed in half by trencher
- Deputy Clifton Roberts - Stabbed to death
- Sheriff Clark Hudson - Bludgeoned with a fireplace poker, disembowled with hunting knife
- Grayson Pfeiffer - Throat slit
Attempted Murders Edit
- Jake Fitzgerald - Stabbed (Survived)
- Brooke Maddox - Stabbed, locked in freezer (Survived - Being saved by Jake, Emma and Kieran)
- Emma Duvall - Slashed across stomach (Survived)
- Maggie Duvall - Stabbed (Survived)
- Amelia Rose Blaire also played murderous thief Bibby Fortensky on The Mentalist and psychotic student Annie on Perception.
- It is noted that Piper's killing methods are very unusual for female serial killers.