Bethany Hart (Marie Ward) is the hidden main villainess from the 2016 Hallmark film Flower Shop Mystery: Dearly Depotted (airdate June 26, 2016).
Bethany Hart is the wedding planner for the wedding reception of Abby Knight's cousin, Jillian Knight Osbourne. During the wedding, Jack Sutcliff (who crashed the wedding looking to get back together with his ex-girlfriend Melanie Turner) was killed, and it was revealed by the film's climax that Bethany was the true perpetrator of the murder.
It is also made known that Bethany was once Jack's girlfriend, but he dumped her for Melanie even after she "gave him money." During the reception, Bethany confronted Jack and attempted to get back together with him, but to no avail. At that moment, Bethany snapped and smashed a bowl on Jack's head, killing him. Later on, the evil Bethany covered her tracks by killing Melanie with a lorazepam overdose in her bathtub, later altering the scene to make it appear that she had committed suicide.
Bethany's villainous personaility was discovered by Abby, who found a picture frame of Bethany and Jack together. Realizing that she has been exposed, Bethany confronted Abby at Bloomers Flower Shop and confessed everything before attempting to kill Abby with a pair of scissors. In her attempt, Bethany accidentally stabbed a helium hose, which Abby used to subdue the villainess. After Bethany was knocked out, she was later arrested offscreen for the crimes she committed.
- "You just couldn't let it go, could you? You saw the picture." (Bethany's villainous reveal)
- "Of me and Jack. He said he loved me... and I believed him. I gave him money, and he treated it like some joke. He came to the wedding to talk to her. He wanted her back." (Bethany explains her backstory and also why Jack crashed the wedding)
- "He laughed in my face, and walked away. And I was not gonna be humiliated by another man again." (Bethany vents her anger about Jack breaking up with her)
- "I didn't mean to kill him. It just... just happened." (Bethany expresses very little, if any, regret about killing Jack)
- "I'm not going to jail, Abby. Not for Jack. Not for Melanie. And certainly not for YOU!" (Bethany's last words before her failed attempt to kill Abby for knowing too much)